First Aid Syllabus
The complete First Aid training syllabuses with eight Lectures are as under:-
- Principles of First Aid.
- A brief description of the Structure and Functions of the body.
- Practical- The triangular bandage and its application to the Head, Chest, Back, Shoulder , Elbow, Hand, Hip, Knee and Foot. Arm slings(large, small and St.John)
- Fractures- causes, varieties, signs and symptoms.
- Treatment of fractures – general rules
- Individual fractures – The skull, Lower Jaw, Spine, Ribs, Breastbone, Collar bone, Shoulder Blade , Arm, Forearm, Hand
- Practical – Treatment of fractures, Application of Splints
- Individual fractures(cont.)- pelvis, thigh, Knee-cap, Leg and foot.
- Dislocations, Sprains, Strains- Signs, symptoms, and treatment.
- Practical – Treatment of fractures, Treatment of strains.
- General description of the Heart and Blood vessels.
- Circulation of the Blood.
- Wounds and Haemorrhage
- Wounds accompanied by Arterial Haemorrhage.
- The situation of the main arteries – Pressure point.
- Wounds accompanied by Capillary or Venous Haemorrhage.
- Haemorrhage from special regions-Burses
- Injuries to Internal Organs- Haemorrhage.
- Burns, Scalds, Stings bites of snakes and rabid animals, frost bite.
- Foreign bodies in Eye, Ear and Nose.
- Practical- Treatment of fractures and Haemorrhage.
- Respiration- Natural and Artificial.
- The nervous systems.
- Practical – Artificial Respiration.
- Transport of the Injured.
- For Males, hand Seats and Stretcher Exercises.
- For Females, hand Seats.
- Practical – Transport of the Injured.
- Preparation for the Reception of Accident Cases.
- Practical – Preparation of the bed, removing clothes, etc.
First Aid Training Fee.
Senior Certificates for students
Senior Certificates for students upto 16 years of age
Rs. 500/- per candidates
Rs. 30/- per candidates
Rs. 25/- per candidates